Travel Berkey with 7” (17.8cm) Ceramic Filters
Here, the Travel Berkey stainless steel water filtration system utilises British Berkefeld Super Sterasyl Ceramic filters. These high quality ceramic filters are made in the UK and have a history dating back over 150 years of strong, safe and functional water purification. The Travel Berkey size British Berkefeld system is perfect for travel, the batch or outdoor activities. It is also suitable for everyday home use for small households and for use in emergencies and disasters. Stainless steel Berkey units using British Berkefeld Ceramic candles are also used by charities and aid organisations like the Red Cross and UNICEF from Africa to Asia.
Height when in use: 45.7 cm
Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 30.5cm
Diameter: 19 cm
Storage Capacity: 5.7 litres
Filtration rate: with two 7” Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic filter candles: about 45.5 litres per day
NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.
This durable, strong and effective water purification system works with treated water (e.g. Tap water) as well as water from roofs, tanks, lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in third world countries where regulations may be substandard at best.
Is a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel
- Comes complete with two 7 inch ceramic purification elements (candles)
- Super Sterasyl ceramic elementsare re-cleanable and re-usable for up to several years depending on water source quality
- Gravity based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Utilizes the latest technological advances, backed by over 150 years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water
- Stainless steel unit can also be used with Black Berkey Filters
- Super Sterasyl ceramic elements are impregnated with silver which inhibits bacterial grow-through in the filter, making them Self-Sterilizing
Filters as follows:
- removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites by 99.99%
- removes cysts Cryptosporidium Parvum and Giardia Lamblia by 99.99%
- removes disease causing bacteria by 99.99%, including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- reduces herbicides, pesticides, organic solvents, SOCs, VOCs and trihalomethanes
- reduces chlorine and lead
- removes bad taste, colour & odours
- removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
- removes more heavy metals, arsenic and FLUORIDE WITH ADDITION of PF-4 filters
- Does NOT remove the beneficial minerals your body needs