Sport Berkey Replacement Filter
NOTE: While the Sport Berkey is no longer available on our website, we can order them in on request.
The Sport Berkey replacement filter features an IONIC Adsorbtion Micro Filtration System that is capable of a 99.99% reduction in heavy metals, toxic chemicals and pathogens, including Chlorine.
Fits: Berkey Brand BPA-free Plastic Sport Berkey Water Filter Bottle
Filter Capacity: change about every 6 months or as follows:
- 1600 refills/about 946 litres for removal of chlorine, unpleasant taste and odours.
- 640 refills/about 378 litres for consistent removal of microbiological contaminants.
- 160 refills/about 95 litres for use with heavily contaminated water.
May be used with treated tap water as well as water from roofs, tanks, lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and third world water supplies.
Filters as followthe s:
- removes harmful microscopic pathogens by 99.9% including e-coli, cryptosporidium, and giardia
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, detergents, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminium, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury by up to 95%
- reduces unpleasant taste, odours, cloudiness, silt and sediment and chlorine by 99.9%
- Does NOT remove the beneficial minerals your body needs.
- NOT to be used with salt water
NOTE: If using a water source that might contain extreme bacteriological or viral contamination, it is recommended that two drops of plain Clorox or iodine be added to each refill before filtering. This will kill minute pathogens such as viruses. The disinfectant will then be filtered from the water entirely removing its odour, colour and taste.