Sport Berkey Portable Personal water Purifier
(For a limited time, comes with original filter & one replacement)
The Sport Berkey water filter bottle is an ideal portable personal water filter system. It can go anywhere with you – driving, travelling, camping, hiking, working out in the gym or the office, school. It features an IONIC Adsorbtion Micro Filtration System that is capable of a 99.99% reduction in heavy metals, toxic chemicals and pathogens, including Chlorine.
Height including carry loop: 28.5 cm
Diameter: 6 cm
Weight including filter: 0.125 kg
Storage Capacity: 710 ml
Filter Capacity: changeabout every 6 months or as follows:
- 1600 refills/about 946 litres for removal of chlorine, unpleasant taste and odours.
- 640 refills/about 378 litres for consistent removal of microbiological contaminants.
- 160 refills/about 95 litres for use with heavily contaminated water.
To Use: Justfill, squeeze and drink clean refreshing water.
The Sport Berkey water filter bottle may be used with treated tap water as well as water from roofs, tanks, lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and third world water supplies.
- Constructed of a lightweight BPA-FREE low density polyethylene plastic
- Comes complete with one mini Black Berkey purification element
- Will does not leach unpleasant tasting plasticizers
- Will not retain unpleasant tastes and odours from waterborne contaminants
- Does NOT require electricity or water pressure
- NOT to be used with salt water
Filters as follows:
- removes harmful microscopic pathogens by 99.9% including e-coli, cryptosporidium, and giardia
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, detergents, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminium, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury by up to 95%
- reduces unpleasant taste, odours, cloudiness, silt and sediment and chlorine by 99.9%
- Does NOT remove the beneficial minerals your body needs.
NOTE: If using a water source that might contain extreme bacteriological or viral contamination, it is recommended that two drops of plain Clorox or iodine be added to each refill before filtering. This will kill minute pathogens such as viruses. The disinfectant will then be filtered from the water entirely removing its odour, colour and taste.