Royal Berkey Using ProOne™G2.0 Water & Fluoride filters – 9 inch
As Propur’s ProOne™G2.0 Water & Fluoride filter elements can be used in most of the Berkey systems since they are gravity based, we have put together a Royal Berkey option for you. These filters offer a non-alumina based fluoride filter media while also adjusting the pH of the water to a more alkaline 9.5.
As they do have a slower flow-rate, we recommend using your unit for a smaller household than one would usually for a Royal size so that enough water is available for cooking and drinking during the day until system is refilled overnight. (Up to 4 people).
And remember, while these do have that slower flow rate, you are getting great taste and water that is alkalised in addition to being well filtered.
Height when in use: 58.42cm
Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 38.73 cm
Diameter: 24.13 cm
Storage Capacity: 12.3 litres
Comes with: Two 9 inch ProOne G2.0 Water & Fluoride filter elements
Filter Capacity: 2,400 gallons per pair – replace about every 12 months.
IMPORTANT – USAGE & FlOW RATE
To condition (prime), install in system and run through and pour out water about 3 times BEFORE drinking – you should be able to drink water on the 4th run.
Initial flow rate while conditioning filters can be very slow: it can take UP TO 2 to 3 days to do all 4 runs as each run through can take UP TO around 8 to 10 hours. We recommend running the water through overnight while sleeping and then emptying and filling up again the next morning, etc. Empty the first 3 runs.
For regular usage – flow rate: It can still take 2 to 4 hours to filter through on a regular basis for the first few weeks (though flow rate may decrease to 1 hour to 30 minutes after a few days to weeks). We recommend using a larger unit for your household size and filling it up overnight or if you need to fill up during the day, do it when you will be out for a few hours.
- Stainless steel unit constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel
- Includes food grade nylon spigot (tap); stainless ones available as an extra
Two filters which are an All-in-one – water filter AND fluoride Filter element
- Alkalising: increases pH up to 9.5
- Improves water taste
- Up to 54% more surface area for better filtration performance compared to conventional 2” x 9” filter elements
- Removes hydrofluorosilicic acid (the latest form of fluoride not covered by most other fluoride filter brands)
- While these filters do have a very slow flow-rate and a shorter life compared to other filters like the Black Berkey filters, they remove a larger variety of contaminants including fluoride, while also alkalising and the filtered water has a really great taste.
- Made in England
These FILTER and REDUCE as follows:
- Cysts greater than 1 micron and bacteria greater than 0.7 microns.
- Pathogenic bacteria
- Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, Fecal Coliform >99.9999%
- E. coli – >99.9999%
- Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia – 99%
- Sediment down to 0.5 micron – 100% / 0.2 – 0.45 micron >99.99%
- Arsenic, Nitrite, Pesticides, Herbicides, VOC’s, Iron, Aluminum,THM (Trihalomethanes), PAH (poly-aromatic hydrocarbons), and other heavy metals
- MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether) – 90%
- VOC’s >95%
- Contaminants: Alachlor, Atrazine, Benzene, Carbofuran, Carbon tetrachloride, Chlorobenzene, Chloropicrin, 2,4-D, Dibromochloropro-pane, o-dichlorobenzene, p-dichloroben-zene, 1,2-ichloroethane, 1,1-dichloro-ethylene, cis-1,2-dichloroethylene, Trans-1,2-dichloroethylene, 1,2-ichloro-propane, cis-1,3-dichloropropylene, Dinoseb, Endrin, Ethylbenzene, Ethylene dibromide, Haloacentonitriles, Haloketones, Heptachlor epoxide, Hexachlorobutadiene, Hexachlorocyclo-entadiene, Lindane, Methoxychlor, Pentachlorophenol, Simazine, Styrene, 1,1,2,2-tetrachloroethane, Tetrachloro-ethylene, Toluene, 2,4,5-TP, Tribromo-acetic acid, 1,2,4-trichlorobenzene, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, 1,1,2-trichloroethane, Trichloroethylene (TCE), Trihalomethanes (THMs), Xylenes
- 50% – 95% for Fluoride including hydrofluorosilicic acid and sodium hexa fluorosilicate (starting at 95% over time these will filter down to 50% – similar % rate to PF-2 Filters)
- 50% to include Mercury and Silver
- 80% to include Aluminum, Arsenic III, Arsenic V, Cadmium, Chromium VI, Iron, Maganese
- Other residual heavy metal ions
- 90% to include Copper, Nickel, Zinc
- 95% to include Lead
- Will also help reduce Radiologicals which include Radon 222, Radium, Strontium, Uranium and Vanadium
EXTRACTION MEDIA: Consists of a ceramic composite silver impregnated matrix with AquaMetix Matrix (comprising of at least 2 types of activated carbon) to remove Fluoride.