ProOne™G2.0 Water & Fluoride filter – 7 inch (Set of 2)
In addition to using with Propur systems, the ProOne™G2.0 Water & Fluoride filter elements can be used in most of the Berkey systems. They offer a non-alumina based fluoride filter media while also adjusting the pH of the water to a more alkaline 9.5. As they do have a slower flow-rate, we do recommend these for use with larger units so that enough water is available for cooking and drinking during the day until system is refilled overnight but they are worth it – the water tastes amazing!
NOTE: These are NOT filters that fit onto or work in conjunction with the Black Berkey Filters. These are an ALL-IN-ONE filter on their own. You would use these INSTEAD of Black Berkey or Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filters. If you wish to purchase a Berkey Unit with these instead of Ceramic or Black Berkey Filters, please contact us.
Use 7 inch with:
- Propur Systems: Nomad and Big size
- Berkey Systems: Big and Travel. (If used for these sizes, 7 inch G2.0 should be fine for one to three persons.)
Includes: Comes in a set of 2
Filter Capacity: 2,400 gallons per pair – replace about every 10 to 12 months.
- All-in-one – water filter AND fluoride Filter element
- Alkalising: increases pH up to 9.5
- Improves water taste
- Up to 54% more surface area for better filtration performance compared to conventional 2” x 7” filter elements
- Removes hydrofluorosilicic acid (the latest form of fluoride not covered by most other fluoride filter brands)
- While these filters do have a very slow flow-rate and a shorter life compared to other filters like the Black Berkey filters, they remove a larger variety of contaminants including fluoride, while also alkalising and the filtered water has a really great taste.
- Made in England
These FILTER and REDUCE as follows:
- Cysts greater than 1 micron and bacteria greater than 0.7 microns.
- Pathogenic bacteria
- Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, Fecal Coliform >99.9999%
- E. coli – >99.9999%
- Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia – 99%
- Sediment down to 0.5 micron – 100% / 0.2 – 0.45 micron >99.99%
- Arsenic, Nitrite, Pesticides, Herbicides, VOC’s, Iron, Aluminum,THM (Trihalomethanes), PAH (poly-aromatic hydrocarbons), and other heavy metals
- MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether) – 90%
- VOC’s >95%
- Contaminants: Alachlor, Atrazine, Benzene, Carbofuran, Carbon tetrachloride, Chlorobenzene, Chloropicrin, 2,4-D, Dibromochloropro-pane, o-dichlorobenzene, p-dichloroben-zene, 1,2-ichloroethane, 1,1-dichloro-ethylene, cis-1,2-dichloroethylene, Trans-1,2-dichloroethylene, 1,2-ichloro-propane, cis-1,3-dichloropropylene, Dinoseb, Endrin, Ethylbenzene, Ethylene dibromide, Haloacentonitriles, Haloketones, Heptachlor epoxide, Hexachlorobutadiene, Hexachlorocyclo-entadiene, Lindane, Methoxychlor, Pentachlorophenol, Simazine, Styrene, 1,1,2,2-tetrachloroethane, Tetrachloro-ethylene, Toluene, 2,4,5-TP, Tribromo-acetic acid, 1,2,4-trichlorobenzene, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, 1,1,2-trichloroethane, Trichloroethylene (TCE), Trihalomethanes (THMs), Xylenes
- 50% – 95% for Fluoride including hydrofluorosilicic acid and sodium hexa fluorosilicate (starting at 95% over time these will filter down to 50% – similar % rate to PF-2 Filters)
- 50% to include Mercury and Silver
- 80% to include Aluminum, Arsenic III, Arsenic V, Cadmium, Chromium VI, Iron, Maganese
- Other residual heavy metal ions
- 90% to include Copper, Nickel, Zinc
- 95% to include Lead
- Will also help reduce Radiologicals which include Radon 222, Radium, Strontium, Uranium and Vanadium
IMPORTANT – USAGE & FlOW RATE
- To condition (prime), install in system and run through about 3 times BEFORE drinking water.
- Initial flow rate while conditioning filters is very slow: it can take about 2 to 3 days to do all 3 to 4 runs as each run through can take up to around 8 to 10 hours. We recommend running the water through overnight while sleeping and then emptying and filling up again the next morning, etc. Empty the first 3 runs. You should be able to drink the 4th run.
- For regular usage – flow rate: It can still take 2 to 4 hours to filter through on a regular basis for the first few weeks (though flow rate may decrease to 1 hour to 30 minutes after a few days to weeks). We recommend using a larger unit for your household size and filling it up overnight or if you need to fill up during the day, do so when you will be out for awhile.
EXTRACTION MEDIA: Consists of a ceramic composite silver impregnated matrix with AquaMetix Matrix (comprising of at least 2 types of activated carbon) to remove Fluoride.