Imperial Berkey Water Purifier System
The Imperial Berkey ® stainless steel water purification system is suited to medium sized groups for use at home, office, church, and even hospitals and orphanages, for every day, outdoors, natural disasters or emergencies. Berkey systems are among the best on the market. New Zealanders can certainly benefit from their usage. They are even used by charities and aid organisations like the Red Cross, Peace Corp and UNICEF from Africa to Asia.
Height when in use: 65.4cm
Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 43.18 cm
Diameter: 25.4 cm
Storage Capacity: 17 litres
Black Berkey Filter Capacity: 11,356 litres per filter (22,712 litres per set of two)
- with two Black Berkey® purification elements): 20.8 litres per hour*
- with four Black Berkey® purification elements): 41.6 litres per hour*
Can purify up to 62.4 litres per hour with six elements. NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.
This thorough and effective water purification system may be used for treated water (e.g. Tap water) as well as water from roofs, tanks, lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in third world countries where regulations may be substandard at best.
Is a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel
- Comes complete with either two, four or six purification elements
- Holds up to six Black Berkey purification elements
- Black Berkey elements are self-sterilising and re-cleanable so are cost effective
- Gravity based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Utilizes the latest technological advances, backed by years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water
Filters as follows:
- removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites by 99.9999%,
- removes viruses MS2 and FR Coliphage by 99.999%
- removes disease causing bacteria including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- reduces nitrates and nitrites
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminium, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury by up to 95%
- reduces bad taste & odours
- removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
- removes arsenic and FLUORIDE WITH ADDITION of PF-2 filters
- Does NOT remove the beneficial minerals your body needs.