Go Berkey Kit
The Go Berkey Kit, stainless steel, portable water purification, unit is suitable for travel, camping, hiking across New Zealand, office desk, university, disaster or other emergency use. It is sized for ultimate portability and travel. It can also be used for single households. Berkey water filtering systems are among the most powerful and practical water filtration systems on the market. They are even used by charities and aid organisations such as the Red Cross, Peace Corp and UNICEF.
Height when in use: 35.56cm
Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 35.4 cm
Diameter: 10.16 cm
Storage Capacity: 0.95 litres
Filtration rate with one Black Berkey purification element: 3.8 litres per hour* / NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.
This small, but powerful water purification unit may be used with treated water (e.g. kitchen tap water) as well as water from roofs, tanks, lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and third world water supplies.
Is a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may be unavailable.
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel
- Comes complete with one purification element, one Sport Berkey® plastic BPA-free water filter bottle, one Sport Berkey mini water filter element and carry bag
- Holds one Black Berkey purification element
- The Black Berkey element is self-sterilising and re-cleanable so is cost effective
- Gravity based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Utilizes the latest technological advances, backed by years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water
For information on the Sport Berkey Water Filter Bottle click here.
The Black Berkey Filter filters as follows:
- removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites by 99.9999%,
- removes viruses MS2 and FR Coliphage by 99.999%
- removes disease causing bacteria including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- reduces nitrates and nitrites
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminium, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury by up to 95%
- reduces bad taste & odours
- removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
- Does NOT remove the beneficial minerals your body needs