Black Berkey Purification Elements-Set of 2
Black Berkey purification elements can be used with all Berkey stainless steel systems and the plastic Berkey Light. They also fit most other gravity filter units so your existing gravity filtration system can be upgraded.
Fits: All size Berkey Units including Go Berkey Kit
Filter Capacity: 11,356 litres (22,712 litres per set of two)
Includes: Comes in a set of 2 purification elements
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilising
- Durable and efficient
- Very economical- filters need only be replaced every few years under normal usage
- Available in 7” and 9” sizes
- Compatible with PF-4 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters
Black Berkey Purification Elements are more powerful than any other gravity filter element currently available. They have been tested with more than 10,000 times the concentration of pathogens per litre than is required by standard test protocol. This concentration of pathogens is so great that the post filtered water should be expected to contain 100,000 or more pathogens per litre (99.99% reduction – the requirement for pathogenic removal). Incredibly the purification elements removed 100%. Absolutely no pathogens were cultured from the effluent or were able to be detected, even under an electron microscope, setting a new standard in water purification.
Purification elements filter as follows:
- Removes Chlorine
- PATHOGENIC BACTERIA CYSTS AND PARASITES removed to non-detectable levels: E. coli – Klebsiella – Pseudomonas Aeruginosa – Giardia – Cryptosporidium
- VIRUSES – Exceeds purification standards: MS2 – Fr Coliphage
- TRIHALOMETHANES removed to below detectable limits: Bromodichloromethane – Bromoform – Chloroform – Dibromochloromethane.
- RADIOLOGICALS removed to below detectable limits: Radon 222
- HEAVY METALS reduced by up to 95%: Lead, Mercury, Aluminium, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper
- OTHER CONTAMINANTS removed to below detectable limits: Chlorine Residual.
- Extracts further harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, detergents, organic solvents
- Reduces unpleasant taste and odours, rust, cloudiness, silt and sediment by 99.9%
- Removes Fluoride and Arsenic WITH addition of PF-2 filters.
- VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS (VOCs) removed to below detectable limits
When the flow rate decreases simply brush the Black Berkey purification element with a scrub pad under running water, reinstall and your system is once more ready to purify water.