Big Berkey with 7 inch Super Sterasyl Ceramic Filters
Super Sterasyl Ceramic filters have a history of safe water purification going back over 150 years. Combined in the stainless steel Big Berkery, this system is suitable for medium sized groups or families through everyday home use outdoor activities, emergencies and disasters. These filters and systems are well known and used by charities and aid organisations like the Red Cross and UNICEF from Africa to Asia.
Height when in use: 48.9cm
Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 33 cm
Diameter: 21.6 cm
Storage Capacity: 8.5 litres
- with two 7” Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic filter candles: about 90 litres per day
- with four 7” Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic filter candles: about 110 litres per day
NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.
This durable, strong and effective water purification system works with treated water (e.g. Tap water) as well as water from roofs, tanks, lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in third world countries where regulations may be substandard at best.
Is a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel
- Comes complete with two ceramic purification elements (candles)
- Holds up to four ceramic purification elements (candles)
- Super Sterasyl ceramic elementsare re-cleanable and re-usable for up to several years depending on water source quality
- Gravity based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Utilizes the latest technological advances, backed by over 150 years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water
- Super Sterasyl ceramic elements are impregnated with silver which inhibits bacterial grow-through in the filter, making them Self-Sterilizing
Filters as follows:
- removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites by 99.99%
- removes cysts Cryptosporidium Parvum and Giardia Lamblia by 99.99%
- removes disease causing bacteria by 99.99%, including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- reduces herbicides, pesticides, organic solvents, SOCs, VOCs and trihalomethanes
- reduces chlorine and lead
- removes bad taste, colour & odours
- removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
- removes more heavy metals, arsenic and FLUORIDE WITH ADDITION of PF-4 filters
- Does NOT remove the beneficial minerals your body needs
Replace the ceramic filter elements when the carbon has been exhausted or if there is a significant change in diameter of the ceramic after cleaning. Anytime a crack in the ceramic occurs, the integrity has been lost and the filter must be replaced.