Big Berkey Water Purifier-System
The Big Berkey stainless steel water filtration system is ideal for home, outdoor, travel, disaster or other emergency use for small to medium sized groups or families. Berkey systems are among the strongest and most practical water filtration and purification systems available. They are well known and used by charities and aid organisations like the Red Cross, Peace Corp and UNICEF from Africa to Asia.
Height when in use: 48.9cm
Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 33 cm
Diameter: 21.6 cm
Storage Capacity: 8.5 litres
Black Berkey Filter Capacity: 11,356 litres per filter (22,712 litres per set of two)
- with two Black Berkey® purification elements): 13.3 litres per hour*
- with four Black Berkey® purification elements): 26.5 litres per hour*
NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.
This durable, strong and effective water purification system works with treated water (e.g. Tap water) as well as water from roofs, tanks, lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in third world countries where regulations may be substandard at best.
Is a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
- Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel
- Comes complete with either two or four purification elements
- Holds up to four Black Berkey purification elements.
- Black Berkey elements are self-sterilising and re-cleanable so are cost effective
- Gravity based – does NOT rely on electricity or water pressure
- Utilizes the latest technological advances, backed by years of development
- NOT to be used with salt water
Filters as follows:
- removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites by 99.9999%,
- removes viruses MS2 and FR Coliphage by 99.999%
- removes disease causing bacteria including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- reduces nitrates and nitrites
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminium, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury by up to 95%
- reduces bad taste & odours
- removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
- removes arsenic and FLUORIDE WITH ADDITION of PF-2 filters
- Does NOT remove the beneficial minerals your body needs.