People around the world are more concerned than ever about radioactive contamination from nuclear fallout resulting after catastrophes like Japan’s relatively recent Fukashima incident. Ground water contaminated by nuclear elements causes the availability of safe drinking water to become of primary importance.
Radioactive substances in water are a concern across the entire world at this time.
Have a look at the Water Filter Straw a pocket-sized water purification plant.
So this new radiological filter designed by Seychelle is very much needed in today’s uncertain world and is a must for any disaster or emergency kit.
Specifications are as follows:
- Length: 170mm
- Diameter: 2cm
- Weight: 60 grams
- Filter Capacity : 100+ litres
- Ultra light and compact – will fit in a purse, pocket, bag or car glove compartment
- Made from Non-toxic BPA-free plastic, will not leach
- Tested by Independent laboratories using EPA /ANSI protocols and NSF Standards 42 and 53.
- Costs less than bottled water
- With BIOSAFE, removes up to 99.9999% of contaminants found in drinking water
- Removes 100% of all major nuclear contaminants that can be found in drinking water
- Environmentally Safe
- NOT to be used with saltwater
Removes (with advanced filter):
- 99.99% of all aesthetics and chemicals (including Chlorine, DDT, PCBs, THMs)
- Heavy metals (Lead, Mercury, Arsenic and Chromium 6)
- 100% of Radiological Contaminants such as Gross Beta, Radon 222, Radium 226, Plutonium, Uranium, Strontium, Cesium 137 and Radioactive Iodine 131
- 99.9999 % (to 6 logs) of microbiological contaminants (cysts, viruses, bacteria – such as Guardia, Cryptosporidium and E- Coli Bacteria.)
- Radiological filters for other Seychelle products such as the filter bottles and family water filter jug or pitcher will be coming to New Zealand in the near future.